Badge - Set of pre-decimal Legacy Appeal Badges
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- A set of Legacy Appeal badges with Legacy torch and wreath issued prior to 1966 and a leaflet from 1964.
- Badges 18 x 11 mm ; Leaflet 140 x 85 mm
- legacy appeal, fundraising
- Photos to be updated. TBA.
An example of badges issued by Legacy prior to 1966 for fundraising during the Legacy Appeal and Badge Week. Also a leaflet from 1964 showing the styles and colours of badges and their donation value.
The symbol of Legacy is the Torch and Wreath of Laurel. The Torch signifies the undying flame of service and sacrifice of those who gave their lives for their country. The Wreath of Laurel is the symbol of our remembrance of them.
NB change this record when the new system allows linking. TBC
- Angus and Coote (Maker), A J Parkes (Maker)
- Examples of early Legacy badges that were sold in the 1960s to raise money for Legacy's work.
- White oval badge has '£1 AJ Parkes Brisbane' on reverse.
Brown badge has '£25 Angus and Coote' on reverse.
Pale blue badge has '£50 Angus and Coote' on reverse.
Green oval badge has '£10 "Parxite 77" AJ Parkes Brisbane' on reverse.
- 27 Mar 2020 at 2:11PM