Image - Illawarra images
From the Collection of Vision Australia 454 Glenferrie Road Kooyong Victoria
- 6 digital images
- illawarra (geelong)
- Illawarra was the name given to the Geelong office of the Association for the Blind. These physical photographs were unfortunately too damaged to be retained in the collection, so a digital image was taken.
1. 1977 - Unnamed people undertaking carpentry at Illawarra.
2. 1970 to1980's - The Illawarra building in Pakington Street, Newtown.
3. A seascape mural with raised sea animals and corals was presented by the Embroiders Guild for the benefit of AFB members. An unknown female is feeling the mural.
4. 1970 to 1980's - A fragrance garden at Illawarra completely maintained by the Geelong Pelargonium Society, enables AFB members to enjoy the plants by their distinctive perfumes of lemon, lime, nutmeg and peppermint. A female stands in front of a garden bed and smells a pelargonium leaf.
5. To encourage independence from costly and impersonal health services, diabetics attend Illawarra to learn self-management of their condition at home. A dietitian speaks with diabetics on treatment.
6. 1976 - The Geelong office of the AFB at Illawarra.
- 3 Mar 2020 at 7:59PM