Photo album - A photographic record of events of Commemoration of Legacy Week 1985.
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Colour photo album x 10 leaves of self adhesive cardboard with 17 photos of a pilgrimage to the Shrine in 1985.
- 300 x 250 mm, 10 pages
- pilgrimage, wreath laying ceremony, legacy week
- Photos of a procession of widows and legatees to the Shrine in 1985 also of the church service in St Paul's before hand. The Legacy President Bannister is behind Legatee Geoff Swan holding the Legacy flag. The University of Melbourne choir is shown behind the Dean of St Paul's. The Melbourne Legacy Widow's Club president, Mrs Alma Sumner, spoke and also laid a wreath at the Shrine. One photo is of Pilgrimage Marshall Legatee Frank Burton. The pilgrimage was lead by a bag piper, Ian McKenzie and Standard bearer from Legacy Leadership Group (an older junior Legatee). Inside the Shrine the Shrine Trustee, Sir Alfred Kemsley stands with President Bannister and Widow President Mrs Alma Sumner and Legatees Conor MacGillycuddy and Alf Argent.
Sometimes referred to as Widows' Sunday it is an annual event for Legacy widows, usually at the start of Legacy Week, which is the first week in September. The church used for the service varies.
These photos were in an album of photos from 1993. The album was not archive quality, with self adhesive pages, so photos have been transferred and album discarded.
- A record of the Widows' Sunday events for the Legacy Week in 1985.
- Caption on title page; 'A photographic record of events of Commemoration. From Sunday, 1st September - First day of Legacy Week, 1985. Commencing with the Morning Service at St. Paul's Cathedral, and then onto the Pilgrimage to the Shrine.'
- 17 Apr 2020 at 12:19PM