Photo, Ceremony at the Shrine - Anzac Day commemoration for students 1985
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Colour photo x 2 of two children at a wreath laying ceremony at the Shrine in 1985.
- 150 x 100 mm
- wreath laying ceremony, junior legatee, anzac commemoration for students
- Photos of two junior legatees laying a wreath at the Cenotaph during a annual School Children's Anzac Commemoration service. They are Gail Golding and Robert MacLean. While the ceremony is for all school students, often two junior legatees are chosen to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on the day.
One of the annual "Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students" events, held just prior to ANZAC Day. The ceremony provides a valuable opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the Anzac spirit, the significance of the Shrine and the meaning of Anzac Day.
- A record of a ceremony for school students at the Shrine and two junior legatees being involved.
- Handwritten on reverse, '54th Children's Commemoration Ceremony 24th April 1985. Gail Golding Robert MacLean wreath bearers.'
- 17 Apr 2020 at 10:25AM