Badge - Legacy Appeal Badges - 2 shillings
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Legacy Appeal pins with the Legacy torch issued prior to 1966, they are silver with blue enamel around the word Legacy and red enamel in the flame.
- Badges 18 x 11 mm
- legacy appeal, fundraising, badge week
- An example of badges issued by Legacy prior to 1966 for fundraising during the Legacy Appeal and Badge Week. Their donation value was 2 shillings.
The symbol of Legacy is the Torch and Wreath of Laurel. The Torch signifies the undying flame of service and sacrifice of those who gave their lives for their country. The Wreath of Laurel is the symbol of our remembrance of them. One of the pins does not have laurel leaves, the other has it wrapped around the torch instead of in the normal circular shape.
- A J Parkes (Maker)
- Examples of early Legacy badges that were sold up to raise money for Legacy's work. These were before decimal currency was issued in 1966.
- On reverse '2/- Parkes Bris'.
- 17 Apr 2020 at 11:29AM