Badge - Legacy Appeal Badges - £1 (20 shillings)
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Legacy Appeal badges x 4 with the Legacy torch and wreath issued prior to 1966, they are gold metal with white enamel, with dark blue enamel around the word Legacy and red enamel in the flame.
- 25 x 17 mm
- legacy appeal, fundraising, badge week
- An example of badges issued by Legacy prior to 1966 for fundraising during the Legacy Appeal and Badge Week. Their donation value was 20 shillings which is £1.
The symbol of Legacy is the Torch and Wreath of Laurel. The Torch signifies the undying flame of service and sacrifice of those who gave their lives for their country. The Wreath of Laurel is the symbol of our remembrance of them.
- A J Parkes (Maker)
- Examples of early Legacy badges that were sold up to raise money for Legacy's work. These were before decimal currency was issued in 1966.
- Kite and hexagonal shaped brooch say '20/- D.N.T.' on reverse.
Oval and rectangular brooch say '£1 "Parxite 77" AJ Parkes Brisbane' on reverse.
- 17 Apr 2020 at 11:41AM