Photograph - Kew Post Office, circa 1888
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- The Kew Post Office on the corner of High Street and Cotham Road, Kew. The photograph includes the Queen Victoria Jubilee fountain at left. The image predates the large fig tree planted on the corner and the later Kew War Memorial (1925). What are presumed to be government employees stand beside the horse and buggy.
- A copy of the earliest known photograph of the former Kew Post Office on the corner of Cotham Road and High Street, Kew. The Post Office was opened in 1888. The original architectural drawings are held at the Public Record Office Victoria.
- The photograph is significant as the earliest known image of this Heritage Victoria designated historic building.
- 6 Apr 2020 at 2:03PM