Physical description

St. Leonards, N.S.W. : Allen & Unwin, 1994 xiii, 313 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.

Publication type

non-fiction

Summary

Traces the story of the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital from its creation in 1947 as an institution to cater exclusively to the needs of ex-service personnel. Due to this limited ambit, despite its achievements and its status as a teaching hospital, both hospital and staff have had to battle for recognition from the general medical community.