Display Box - The Australian Army
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 2-4 Templeton Street Wangaratta Victoria
- Timber look laminate box with gold colour metal "rising sun" badge on front. The box opens out flat and contains seven metal " rising sun " badges mounted on black felt on the right side. The left side below an image of the rising sun contains a written history of all seven badges from 1902 to the present.
- 18cm w x 24cm h x 3.5cm d
- rising sun, badge, australian army, anzac
- Proudly worn by soldiers of the 1st and 2nd Australian Imperial Force in both World Wars, the 'Rising Sun' badge has become an integral part of the digger tradition. The distinctive shape of the badge, worn on the upturned side of a slouch hat, is commonly identified with the spirit of Anzac. There are seven patterns of the Rising Sun.
The Rising Sun has evolved over time and today Australian Army soldiers wear the seventh pattern Rising Sun.
- Brandnet Pty Ltd (Maker)
- The Rising Sun badge, also known as the General Service Badge or the Australian Army Badge, is the official insignia of the Australian Army and is mostly worn on the brim of a slouch hat or, less frequently, on the front of a peaked cap for Army personnel filling certain ceremonial appointments.
- The Australian Army
- 12 Jul 2020 at 4:25PM