Copies of press clippings and other documents.
Ted Rowe was a delegate of the Amalgamated Engineering Union and was Ballarat Trades Hall President for two years - 1941-1942. He was also an activist in the Communist Party of Australia. The collection includes a memoir from one of Rowe's descendants.
Original documents not held. Items are print-outs and photocopies.
1. Sydney Morning Herald (NSW), 18/5/1949, Communists Seek Control of Powerful A.E.U.
2. Tribune (NSW), 25/8/48, Party Life
3. Tribune (NSW), 5/10/60, Passing of "Ted" Rowe
4. Tribune (NSW), 12/10/60, FUNERAL ORATION FOR E.J. (TED) ROWE: "Outstanding son of working class, Party"
5. Tribune (NSW), 12/10/1960, TED ROWE'S FUNERAL
6. Tribune (NSW), 19/10/60, Ted Rowe: Last Respects
7. Olive, Doug (Communist Party of Australia, Queensland), n.d., "The Queensland Railway Strike" (excerpts)
8. Moloney, Gary (descendent/grandson), "Memories of E.J. Rowe"
Trade union history and of particular significance to Ballarat Trades and Labour Council and the Amalgamated Engineering Union.