Property Illustration - 2/76 Molesworth Street, Kew
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- Pen and ink architectural drawing on drafting film of 2/72 Molesworth Street, Kew by Margaret Picken.
- artist -- margaret picken 1950-, architectural drawings -- houses -- kew (vic.), 2/72 molesworth street - kew (vic)
- Built in 1968-1970 to a design by Graeme C Gunn, 76 Molesworth Street is one of a series of innovative townhouse developments undertaken by Merchant Builders in the late 1960s, this particular example was the recipient of the Bronze Medal at the Victorian Architecture Awards in 1970. The drawing is one of a series created by Margaret Picken for a number of real estate agents in Melbourne between 1983 and 2006. Each work is signed and dated by the artist.
- Margaret Picken (Artist), Woodards (Hawthorn) (Agent)
- The series of drawings in the Picken Collection are invaluable assets for identifying architectural features and styles. The year in which the drawing was created is also a valuable record for house historians, as a number of the properties depicted have either been altered since that date or demolished.
- 2/72 MOLESWORTH ST., KEW / MARGARET PICKEN ~98 / WOODARDS ~ HAWTHORN (REAR VIEW)
- 16 Aug 2020 at 12:41AM