Architectural Drawing - 82 Molesworth Street, Kew
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- Pen and ink architectural drawing on drafting film of 82 Molesworth Street, Kew by Margaret Picken.
- artist -- margaret picken 1950-, architectural drawings -- houses -- kew (vic.), 82 molesworth street - kew (vic)
- The R Haughton James House (former) was built to a design by Robin Boyd in 1956-57. With its unusual plan form, this is one of Robin Boyd’s most important residential commissions of the period. The house was identified in heritage study as being of architectural significance at the state level. Alterations to the house were made in 1967, 1989, and 1999. This architectural drawing is one of a series created by Margaret Picken for a number of real estate agents in Melbourne between 1983 and 2005. Each work is signed and dated by the artist.
- The series of architectural drawings in the Picken Collection are invaluable assets for identifying architectural features and styles. The year in which the drawing was created is also a valuable record for house historians, as a number of the properties depicted have either been altered since that date or demolished.
- MARGARET PICKEN © 2001 / 82 MOLESWORTH ST, KEW ~ HOCKING STUART
- last Sunday at 10:02AM