Photograph (Item), Jess Gallagher on the Triple M Rush Hour show
Reuse this media
Can you reuse this media without permission? No (with exceptions, see below)
Conditions of use
All rights reserved
This media item is licensed under "All rights reserved". You cannot share (i.e. copy, distribute, transmit) or rework (i.e. alter, transform, build upon) this item, or use it for commercial purposes without the permission of the copyright owner. However, an exception can be made if your intended use meets the "fair dealing" criteria. Uses that meet this criteria include research or study; criticism or review; parody or satire; reporting news; enabling a person with a disability to access material; or professional advice by a lawyer, patent attorney, or trademark attorney.
Please acknowledge the item’s source, creator and title (where known)
© Copyright of Triple M
Have a question? Contact Vision Australia
Other items from this collection
Functional object - Object, Stainsby-Wayne embossed shorthand typewriter, 1930-1940's
Henry Stainsby (1859-1925), Supt. of the Birmingham Royal Institution for the Blind, (later General Secretary of the British & Foreign Blind Association) along with Birmingham manufacturer Albert Wayne, introduced their Shorthand Braille Writer, circa 1910-1940. Used at the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind. These machines were often supplied with a case, to deaden the sound when in use. The machine was designed to take down verbatim reports from dictation. As the strip of paper passes automatically through the machine, no time is needed to adjust the paper or the machine for each line. Speeds of 80 - 140 words per minute can be obtained.
Black metal typewriter which has seven keys and a small reel of paper
415 Stainsby-Wayne Embossed Shorthand Typewriter Patented * Alfred Wayne * Birm, ENG
braille equipment, royal victorian institute for the blind
Photograph - Image, Inter-Club Gymnasium Competition
The Conder Shield was sponsored by Major Wally Conder, a keen sportsman (amongst other occupations,) who sought to promote wrestling and boxing during his time as president of the Victorian Amateur Wrestling and Boxing Association. Presented to the winning club of the Inter-Club Gymnasium Competition, over a series of matches in individual athleticism. These included skipping, roller cycling and chinning bar, as well as light-weight, middle-weight and welter-weight wrestling. The clubs that vied for this shield were the Trojans (from the RVIB), Bonbeach Surf and Life Saving Club and Beattie's Physical Culture School. In 1934, the Trojans team consisted of Neil Westh, Charlie Bradley, A. McDonald, T. Hanlon, B. Cook and coach/captain V. Blucher. Mr Henry Vincent Blucher was a former police constable to lost his sight in 1931 due to a car accident, and who had previously held the title of Victorian novice middleweight. Metal plates on shield read: V.A.G.A. Inter-club gym contest 1933-34 Won by "Trojans" B.P.C.C. V.A.G.A. Inter-club gym contest 1935 Won by V.R.I. Gym Club Won by "Trojans" 1936 Won by "Trojans" 1937 Runners Up Bonbeach 1934 Runners Up Trojans 1935 Runners Up "Achilles" 1936 Runners Up "Achilles" 1937 Achilles Runners Up 1938 Presented by W.T. Conder
Image of wooden shield with metal plaques and map of Australia
Inter-Club Gymnasium Competition conducted by Victorian Amateur Gymnasium Association
recreation, royal victorian institute for the blind, awards
Photograph (item) - Image, Mary Daly
Mary Pauline Daly was a gracious benefactor of the Braille and Talking Book Library. Born in Chewton to Ellen Horan and Denis Daly, she passed away in Parkville and this photograph of her is in recognition for her generous gift to the library.
braille and talking book library, mary daly
Photograph - Image, AFB Mildura plaques, 1996
Radio was a key way of communicating with the blind and low vision community across Victoria, ensuring that news and information could be shared quickly and publicly. Some centres raised funds to develop their own studios, with local content programs, based in AFB offices. Mildura began 3MPH in 1998 as the result of major fundraising for equipment and support from AFB. Additionally a low vision clinic was also officially opened in that same year.
3 plastic plaques with black writing on silver background
3MPH Major Donors The Association for the Blind wishes to thank the following major donors who contributed towards the establishment of 3MPH Rotary Club of Mildura Deakin Inc Wentworth Shire Council Lions Club of Mildura The H & L Hecht Trust W C F Thomas Charitable Trust Mildara Blass Limited 3MPH Honorary Taskforce Members Shirley Penny, Chairperson, Kevin Ashelford, Lois Beckwith, Rob Duffield, Cr Don McKinnon, Ross Lake, Bruce Penny, Cr Eddie Warhurst This plaque commemorates the official opening of the Mildura Low Vision Clinic by the Chief Executive Officer of the Association for the Blind Mr John Cook, 5th August 1998. This plaque commemorates the official opening of Radio 3MPH 107.5FM by the Mayor of the Mildura Rural City Council, Cr Eddie Warhurst, 12th March 1998.
association for the blind, 3mph, mildura
Plaque - Object, Wicking Centre opening, 1996
The Wickings were key supporters of the Association for the Blind, with John Wicking becoming President of the Association for the Blind for over 10 years, and his wife Janet taking a key role in supporting blind who are blind or have low vision. Personally involved in the development of low vision centres, this plaque recognises the work they undertook through the naming of Vision Australia's head office in their honour.
1plastic plaque with print and braille
Vision Australia blindness and low vision services On Saturday 28th August 2010, Vision Australia's Kooyong Head Office was officially dedicated as the J.O. and J.R. Wicking Centre in recognition and celebration of the significant contribution of John and Janet Wicking to the blindness and low vision community in Australia.
association for the blind, john wicking, vision australia
Plaque - Object, John and Janet Wicking dedication, 1970-1990
The Wickings were key supporters of the Association for the Blind, with John Wicking becoming President of the Association for the Blind for over 10 years, and his wife Janet taking a key role in supporting blind who are blind or have low vision. Personally involved in the development of low vision centres, this plaque recognises the work they undertook at Kooyong.
Framed photograph with wording underneath
This centre is dedicated to the memory of John and Janet Wicking whose extraordinary generosity will continue to touch the lives of people who are blind or have low vision for many years to come.
association for the blind, john wicking, janet wicking
Photograph (item) - Object, RVIB Rifle Club 1st International Challenge Team 1966
In the 1960's, the RVIB approached engineer George Glover to produce equipment to allow blind people to shoot, based upon that made available at St Dunstan's Hospital in the UK. The rifle range opened in February 1966 at the rear of St Kilda Road with 30 members, and soon became involved in matches with sighted rifle clubs in the area. The club had many successful years, competing against teams from Canada and New Zealand in 1968.
rvib rifle club, recreation
Photograph (item) - Image, Ballarat Home for the Aged Blind
Kelaston (Ballarat Day Centre) was formerly known as the Ballarat Home for the Aged Blind. This plaque recognises work that was done by the home during the Governor's visit in 1964.