Photographs - Buildings - Epping Shire Hall
From the Collection of City of Whittlesea 25 Ferres Boulevard South Morang Victoria
- digital image
- epping shire council, whittlesea council, epping police station
Image - Epping Shire Hall, c 1905 (F Coote) The Shire Hall was erected by Thomas Mitchell in 1871, at a cost of 628 Pounds. It served as council chambers and offices, courthouse, public meeting room and dance hall. (Wuchatsch & Hawke, 1988/1985). Part of Epping Civic Precinct Heritage Conservation Area - 'the building reverted to its original role in 1939 when Epping again became the seat of the Whittlesea Council'
- 17 Sep 2020 at 10:44AM