Historical information

During demolition of the 1937 Missions to Seamen building in October 1995, this stone was removed intact by developers Mirvac Victoria, and placed in the care of the PMH&PS.

Physical description

Photograph taken by member Bob Gooding showing severe damage to the stone on July 2015

Cornerstone laid at the Missions to Seamen building, Beach Road and Swallow Street, in 1937. Now located in the seawall surrounding the carpark at the foot of Nott St