The Auxiliary existed to raise funds for the Prince Henry (Homeopathic) Hospital. It did so through e.g. raffles, competitions, social occasions with proceeds usually given to a hopital representative at Auxiliary Branch annual meetings. The Branch became an Auxiliary for Peter McCallum Hospital when Prince Henry's was closed in 1991. Records were held by Phyllis Maher and later donated by Heather Wale who was honourary Assistant Secretary in 1991. It is likely that the branch was formed in 1927.
Minute book of the Prince Henry Hospital Auxiliary, Port Melbourne Branch. Records minutes of meetings 1953 to 1955 and minutes of Annual meetings 1954 to 1976