We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the place now called Victoria, and all First Peoples living and working on this land.
We celebrate the history and contemporary creativity of the world’s oldest living culture and pay respect to Elders — past, present and future.
Please be aware that this website may contain culturally sensitive material — images, voices and information provided by now deceased persons.
Content also may include images and film of places that may cause sorrow.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this website may contain culturally sensitive material — images, voices and information provided by now deceased persons. Content also may include images and film of places that may cause sorrow.
Some material may contain terms that reflect authors’ views, or those of the period in which the item was written
or recorded but may not be considered appropriate today. These views are not necessarily the views of Victorian Collections.
Users of this site should be aware that in many areas of Australia, reproduction of the names and photographs of deceased people is restricted during a period of mourning. The length of this time varies and is determined by the community.
Reuse of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander material on this site may require cultural clearances. Users are advised to contact the source organisation to discuss appropriate reuse.
Book, Honorary Secretary of the Auxiliary Branch, Prince Henry Hospital, Minutes of Meetings of Princes Hospital Auxiliary, Port Melbourne Branch, 1980 - 1987
The Auxiliary existed to raise funds for the Prince Henry (Homeopathic) Hospital. It did so through e.g. raffles, competitions, social occasions with proceeds usually given to a hopital representative at Auxiliary Branch annual meetings. The Branch became an Auxiliary for Peter McCallum Hospital when Prince Henry's was closed in 1991. Records were held by Phyllis Maher and later donated by Heather Wale who was honourary Assistant Secretary in 1991. It is likely that the branch was formed in 1927.
Minute book of the Prince Henry Hospital (to 1934, Homeopathic Hospital) Auxiliary, Port Melbourne Branch - records minutes of ordinary meetings 1980 to 1987.
Victorian Collections acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands
where we live, learn and work.