Historical information

Donated to PMHPS in February 2013 by Pentel/Symex Holdings, originally John Kitchen and Sons, after the sale of the Woodruff St Port Melbourne site. Arranged by Christine Wainwright, an employee of Symex of many years, who had been involved in the setting up their museum collection. Also Mary Kanellos, Symex.

Physical description

Black and white photo of small building with two windows and door and attached smaller house with one window. Site of original candle and soap works at Bridport St, Emerald Hill.

Inscriptions & markings

J Kitchen and Sons - Original candle and soap works, Melbourne 1855