The seal of the former City of Kew is held in the collection of the City of Boroondara, as is the Mayoral Chain of Office. The original design was circular and cast in high relief to allow impressions to be made. Later versions such as this modernise the style for a range of purposes.
Four colour version of the City of Kew Coat of Arms, adopted by the Municipality in 1861 for use in its circular seal but later adapted as in this version for printing or for identification. There are two examples this version: both transfers designed to be affixed to Council vehicles. The collection includes 11 copies of the large transfers and one copy of the smaller version. The bright colours used were typical of the period. The large version is 375 x 295 mm; the smaller is 205 x 155 mm.
Inscriptions & markings
CITY OF KEW / DIEU ET MON DROIT