Studley Park Road, like most streets in Kew, was originally a dirt road. Street works during the Great Depression included bituminising major roads in the district. This photograph of Council works originated in the City of Kew Engineers Department as a record of works undertaken. It was given to the collection by a Mrs Fisher in 1998.
Well provenanced photograph of Council-funded public works in Kew during the Great Depression.
Original sepia photographic positive of Studley Park Road, Kew while resurfacing of the street was taking place. The Kew Junction is just visible in the distance. Boys sitting on a drum at right. Behind them is the brick fence and front entrance to Tara Hall.
Inscriptions & markings
Typed reverse: "B4 / Kew C.C. / Studley Park Road showing drag spread surfacing with premixed material, unrolled material on the right, March 1934"