Various artifacts from the steamship 'Wattle'. The Steam Tug Wattle, a steel ship, was built as a harbor tug in 1933. Steam is supplied from a two-furnace Scotch Marine wet-back boiler which was originally fired with dewatered and filtered waste oil but has recently been converted to burn distillate for environmental and maintenance reasons. It was launched at Cockatoo Island on 27 June 1933 by Cockatoo Docks & Engineering Co. Ltd. (CODECO) on order from the Commonwealth Shipping Board. Now fully restored it operates excursions in Port Phillip and the Yarra.
One of a very few still operating steam tugs.
Brass inclinator mounted on timber plate.