Historical information

Elizabeth (Lizzie) Daley, born c.1865, died 8 Aug 1949. Daughter of William and Eliza, Melton, sister of Ann.

The Daley family's cottage was on High St north nearest to Alexander St. The photo of William Daley was taken in front of his Bootmaker Shop. The shop remained in the family later being run as a Haberdashery shop by Lizzie his second daughter

John Lugg rented the cottage after Lizzie death. Max Myers built a house on the east side of the cottage in 1952. The cottage was demolished and the weatherboard house was eventually moved to another location when the street became a shopping area
1970’s. The Condon family lived beside Lizzie’s Shop

Physical description

Photographs of Elizabeth Daley taken different periods of her life