Historical information

Cr William Howieson of the Borough of Kew was also a member of the Kew Bowling Club (1880-1998). The club was located in Wellington Street as part of a complex that included the Kew Recreation Hall. In 1998 the Club merged with Auburn Heights Bowling Club. The trophy has a broken handle and a clear break in the crystal container.


This is the earliest example of a trophy deriving from the Kew Bowling Club in our collection. It was awarded to a noted civic figure in local government in Kew.

Physical description

Silver plate and crystal trophy awarded to W Howeison in 1885-6 as the winner of the President's Prize of the Kew Bowling Club.

Inscriptions & markings

"Kew Bowling Club / Presidents Prize / Won by / W Howieson / 1885-6