Shows the interior of the cable tram engine house that was located on the corner of Gertrude Street and Nicholson Street in Fitzroy. Shows the steam pipes to two of the engine cylinders, the control equipment, and large cable winding wheels. An MMTB poster titled Melbourne Tramways Past and President (see Reg Item 6368), captions the photo as "Nicholson Sreet Power House - the last to operate" The facility ceased operation in 1940 though the equipment was retained until 1941.
Yields information about the interior of the Gertrude Street or Nicholson Street cable tram engine house
Black and white photograph - interior of the Engine house on the corner of Gertrude and Nicholson Streets prior to closure in 1940.