Historical information

An electrified tram route from Melbourne along High Street replaced an original Horse Tram that terminated at the Kew Cemetery. This new tram only reached the bridge over the Outer Circle railway at the Harp Junction. The line was later extended to North Balwyn.

Physical description

Black and white print positive of the Tram Terminus in High Street, Kew at the Harp of Erin hotel.

Inscriptions & markings

"Harp of Erin Tram Terminus about 1916. House on left still standing behind delicatessen [in 1978]. / Courtesy Mrs E Bennett, Kew East / Property of Miss Foley."