A slide image of Legacy House from 1961. after it had been repainted.
Junior Legacy Melbourne purchased 289-299 Swanston Street Melbourne (previously called Red Cross House) in 1956 from the Commonwealth Government with money gifted to Legacy in memory of David H Dureau. The donation was initially used to purchase a different building at 342 Swanston St, which was sold in 1954, and 289-299 Swanston St was purchased. Melbourne Legacy is still using three floors of the building, with tenants on the ground floor.
A record of what the Legacy House building looked like when just after it was acquired by Melbourne Legacy.
Colour slide of Legacy House from 1961.
Inscriptions & markings
Slide mount has 'Legacy House after repainting 19-6-61' handwritten in blue pen.