Copies of the Proclamation of understanding between the Association for the Blind and the Lighthouse Inc. These agreements were a symbol of the exchanges of each organisation, and the growing trend of agencies to link more to compatriots overseas as telecommunications improved.
1 digital image of memorandum of understanding between Association for the Blind and Lighthouse Inc
Inscriptions & markings
Whereas the Association for the Blind, Melbourne, Australia and Lighthouse Inc, New York, New York are organizations that:
- promote the welfare of people who are blind or visually impaired;
- provide services to people who are blind or visually impaired;
- strive to enable people to overcome problems associated with blindness and vision impairment, whether physical, psychological, educational, social or economic;
- provide appropriate rehabilitation services to enable people to use their capabilities and to develop their skills so that they can participate as fully as possible in the community;
- promote the interests of people who are blind or visually impaired and provide information and education to the general community and other professionals; and
- provide at all times services to a high professional standard, with an appreciation of each individual's capabilities and goals.
Therefore let is be known publicly that the Association for the Blind and Lighthouse Inc. formally establish an organizational affiliation to strive towards these common objectives for people who are blind or visually impaired.
In Witness Thereof the Association for the Blind and Lighthouse Inc. cause their representatives to set their hands hereto on the 16th day of July 1992.
(John Cook) For the Association for the Blind, Melbourne Australia
(Barbara Sil??) For The Lighthouse Inc., New York, New York, USA