The Notice of the Meeting of the Port Melbourne City Council was for the purpose of celebrating the Centenary of the Incorporation of the Borough of Sandridge. this name was changed to the Borough of Port Melbourne in 1884,and to the Town of Port Melbourne in January 1983. In May 1919 the City of Port Melbourne was Gazetted & remained as such until Amalgamation in 1994 . Mayor, Councillor Lesley Stanley Turner ,was in the chair and the meeting attended by His excellency the Lieut-Governor of Victoria, Lieut-General The Hon Sir Edmund Herring.
Cream coloured folded Notice Paper with City of Port Melbourne logo & details of the city's Centenary Council Incorporation event.