Historical information

Railway Pier opened in 1852 with the building of the Hobson's Bay Railway linking the city to Port Melbourne. In 1923 in was re-built as Station Pier.

Physical description

Postcard of Railway Pier with shed on left in front of 2 ships . A 4 masted ship lies on the opposite side below the Finger Pier.

Inscriptions & markings

Cr L S Turner