Padbury’s Funeral Parlour in Kew was the earliest business of its kind in what is now the City of Boroondara. It was established by John Padbury in 1859. Following his death, the company was renamed A W Padbury & Co. The two-storey building is still [in 2023] extant. Members of the Padbury family married into a number of pioneer Kew families including the Whitmans and Morgans.
Rare portrait of a significant Kew businessman
Original print positive 'cabinet card'. Portrait of Alfred Padbury, owner of A W Padbury & Co. Son of founder - John Padbury.
Inscriptions & markings
Reverse: “Alfred Padbury / Son of John Padbury / Whitman”