The photo is a Panorama showing Sturt Street, taken from the Town Hall, looking north east with Mount Warrenheip and Black Hill in the view. Shows the buildings east of Lydiard St, including Bridge St, Camp St and part of Victoria St. One tram is westbound, about to cross Lydiard St. Rose Series P4500. Has signs for the "Mail Echo", Plume petrol, ANA, the Mechanics Institute, and Longhurs Bread. On the rear Wal Jack has written extensive notes for Ken Magor noting the streets in the view and the Ballarat East loco depot and Goods shed. Wal has dated the photo 1940 to 1944, though the trams do not have white bumper bars that featured from 1941 to 1945.
Yields information about Ballarat during the 1940s
Postcard black and white, divided back, with a handwritten note on rear.
See image 2 for details of the handwritten note by Wal Jack on the rear.
tramways, trams, bridge st, sturt st, ballarat east, rose postcards