While a number of subdivisions of what was to become Kew East occurred in the 1880s, such as the 'Mount Pleasant Estate' (1888) and 'Monterey Estate' (1888), Glynn's Lot 91 remained open farmland until the Harp Estate (1912) was sold, hence the undeveloped nature of the view in 1907-8.
A rare image of the open farmland in the eastern part of Kew looking towards Burke Road in 1907-8.
Damaged, and very rare, black & white photograph of what was to become the suburb of East Kew, taken by a member of the Bennett family in 1907-8. The photograph is taken from the Harp of Erin Hotel showing, apart from a building on the left (no longer extant), fenced open farmland stretching into the far distance.
Inscriptions & markings
HIGH ST LOOKING NOTRTH TO BURKE RD FROM HARP / EDWD GLYNN'S LOT 91 FROM 1851 / GIFT FROM BENNETT FAMILY 22 HARP RD EAST KEW 1980 / 1907-8