William PENTLAND arrived in Sandrisge in 1864 and set up his own coach building business in 1880.The firm was located between Ingles & Raglan Streets on the east side of Crockford Street. As well as coach building - and later motor body building - the firm were wheelwrights and blacksmiths.
Round brass wheel hub cap from W & A PENTLAND, Port Melbourne
Inscriptions & markings
W & A Pentland Port Melbourne Builders