Historical information

From its beginning in 1866, the Victorian Asylum for the Blind (later called the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind) has been a prominent resident in St Kilda Road. Intended to provide work and education, the RVIB has adapted and changed according to the staff and people who passed through, lived, laughed, learned and languished in it, as well as societal expectations. In this history of the building, its services and personalities, up until the closure of St Kilda Road.

Physical description

284 pages without illustrations in etext file

Publication type