Physical description

Black and white photograph of tramcar 76 at Batman Avenue terminus in 1925. The tram is a single-truck California combination tram, one of 20 built for the P&MTT in 1915. The photo was taken at Batman Avenue in 1925 and shows a driver or conductor adjusting the trolley pole. The photo shows the Batman Ave terminus and Flinders St station in the background.

Tram 76 was built in 1915 by the Meadow Manufacturing Co in Sydney for the Prahran and Malvern Tramways Trust before transferring to the MMTB in 1920. The J-class tram was bought by the SECV in 1931 and moved to Ballarat as tram No. 19. It operated in Ballarat until it was transferred to Bendigo in 1960 as tram No. 7, operating as public transport until 1972. It is now in operating condition at the Tramway Museum Society of Victoria in Bendigo.

Tram 76 has the destination of Chapel St.

Tram 76 was allocated at the Glenhuntly depot as at 24 March 1928.