Historical information

This store in Main Street Bacchus Marsh was first opened by James Young in November 1866. In October 1869 it was purchased by William Anderson and was operated by members of the Anderson family until 1971. The site of the store was on the southern side of Main Street on the eastern side of Eddie Toole Park. On the opposite side of the street was the site of the former Post Office on the northern side of Main Street. The store was first named the Border Mills Store during James Young's ownership and was later known as the Border Store (Anderson & Co.).

Physical description

Unframed black and white photograph.