Historical information

Moorabbin station was originally called South Brighton station and the name can be seen painted on the back of the bench seat on the platform. There are six men standing on the platform.


Moorabbin station was opened on 19 December 1881 as South Brighton station. On 1 May 1907 it was renamed Moorabbin station and has maintained that name every since.

Physical description

Six men standing on the station at Moorabbin Railway Station.

Inscriptions & markings

Stamped in blue ink on reverse: COPYRIGHT / Public Transport Corporation / For re-ordering photographs / Please quote negative No H3380 / Enquiries C/- PTC Photographic Unit / Telephone switchboard 619 111
Handwritten in red ink on reverse: 116 / ? %
Handwritten in black ink on reverse: 50% Ch.4.
Handwritten in blue pencil on reverse: H3380