Historical information
This home was built for the Bennett family in about 1928. It replaced the butcher's shop in Sussex which was run by George Garnsworthy Bennett from 1896. (The butcher's shop moved into premises next-door, and then to the other side of Sussex Street, into part of the shop previously owned by Joseph Shepherd.)
Physical description
Coloured photograph of a double fronted house with pitched roof and two brick chimneys set in garden surrounded by wooden rail and wire fence, trees at back.
Inscriptions & markings
"The Bennett home just after it was built".