Memorabilia - Matchbox, Fred Cook's Station Hotel, c.1990

Historical information

The Station Hotel was converted into three townhouses in 1995.

Physical description

The small white matchbox from the Station Hotel situated on the corner of Bridge & Station Streets, Port Melbourne. It was owned by well-known Port Melbourne footballer, Fred Cook from 1982. The background of the front cover logo depicts a stylised football with the four goalposts and 'Fred Cook's Station Hotel' in dark blue.
The original Station Hotel was built in 1872 and a second story was added at a later date.
The back cover lists the hotel's attractions as Bistro & Piano Bar, A La Carte Menu, Cocktail Bar, Friendly Atmosphere and excellent service as well as the address, 116 Station Street.

Back to top