Historical information
'Moreton' was built c1883 by Captain William Howard Smith (1840-1890), master mariner and ship-owner, at 8 Alfred Square St Kilda. It was named Leber Court from 1929. It was the last mansion standing in Alfred Square when it was demolished in the early 1980s.
The image was published in the Mar/Apr 1983 edition of community newspaper Shout.
Physical description
Black and white photograph, unmounted
Subjects
References
- 'Fox's playground', Shout, March/April 1983 p 5. Article in newspaper published 2-4 times a year over the period 1980-1991 by the St Kilda Shout Collective.
