Historical information
In 1910 six acres of land for a reserve was donated to the people of St. Albans by Alice Errington. The land would provide recreation facilities for the communities of two shires, Braybrook & Keilor. The land was located in the Shire of Braybrook on the south side of Boundary Rd (now Main Rd East) with the Shire of Keilor on the north side.
In 1929 the Trustees of the Reserve offered to invest the land to Braybrook Council. This decision was driven by the fact that technically the reserve was still private property and was subject to rates and costs for making of the roads abutting the reserve. One condition of this agreement was the land to remain for the use by the community.
Over the years the reserve has been the home of tennis, football, cricket & scout clubs. It has hosted many open air and carnival events. In the 1950's the St. Albans Community Youth Club built their tin shed on the north - west corner of the reserve using a former Army Nissan (Quonset) hut.
Mrs Alice Erringting died in 1931 and in 1937 wrought iron Memorial Gates were installed at the entrance to the reserve in her honor.
Physical description
Errington Reserve
Inscriptions & markings
1460.01 - The Errington Reserve
1460.02 - Errington Reserve - Alice Errington 100th Anniversary Plaque Unveiling 20th December 2010 Flyer
1460.03 - Errington Reserve - The Errington Reserve Proof Copy By Tom Rigg 2011
1460.04 - Errington Reserve - Timeline
