Container - Glass bottle from Caledonian Bottle Works, c.1900

Historical information

The bottle appears to be for aerated water and was manufactured by Caledonian Bottle Works, also known as Paterson Bros Bottle Works, Port Melbourne. The company was set up in 1899 and taken over by the Melbourne Glass Company in 1906/07. In 1900 its location was on the West side of Princes Street next to the Swallow and Ariell Sauce Factory. The occupiers of this government land site in 1901-02 were Samuel, David and William PATERSON.

Physical description

Lower section of glass bottle manufactured by Caledonian Bottle Works, Port Melbourne for O'Neill Bros, North Fitzroy. The top is broken off at the neck.

Back to top