Photograph - Ballarat Trams 35, 39 and 26, Tram 35, 39, 26 in Drummond Street

Historical information

Ballarat Tram 35 is a maximum traction truck bogie - eight wheels, with drop end and centre combination. It was built in 1916 by Duncan and Fraser for the Hawthorn Tramways Trust. It came to Ballarat in 1947. In 1974 the body went to Ballarat and Clarendon College. Returned to Ballarat Tramway Preservation Society in 1978.
Ballarat Tram 26 was built in 1916 by Duncan and Fraser for the Hawthorn Tramways Trust. It came to Ballarat in 1930 and was part of the SEC's consolidated tramcar fleet. In 1971 it transferred to the Ballarat Tramway Preservation Society.
Tram 39 was built in 1914 by Duncan and Fraser for the Prahran and Malvern Tramways Trust. It came to Ballarat in 1951 and was part of the SEC's consolidated tramcar fleet. It was converted to a static museum display and souvenir shop. In 1971 it went to the Lions Club of Lismore. Ballarat Tramway Preservation Society acquired it in 1976. (See No. 10755 for a series of 16 photographs of the return of tram 39 to Ballarat. These were taken by Campbell Duncan)
Photo shows the trams in Drummond Street at the Urquhart Street loop.

Physical description

Black and white photograph

References

Back to top