Historical information
McGuire's Baths were constructed 'opposite View Point and Royal Hotels' and were open for business from 25th December, 1855. The establishment had a good supply of water and 'after being used once' was 'passed into the Creek (Bendigo Creek)'. (Bendigo Advertiser, 25th December, '1855 'Baths, Baths, Baths' advertising)
Physical description
Black and white copy of original photograph showing McGuire's Bath Rooms, Bendigo. Image shows building constructed near Bendigo Creek and adjoining current High Street, Bendigo. Sign on front of Building above verandah 'Baths'. Building at rear has 'Swimming' and 'Swimming Baths' signage on the front and side. In front of Baths buildings, a timber bridge across the Bendigo Creek. In foreground of image is High Street with a horse and cart with men standing along the road. Written on bottom of page 'a remarkable photograph, taken about 1860, of McGuire's Bath Rooms. The quagmire in front is now High Street' and 'The Story of Charing Cross'.
