Document - In The Swim Collection: McGuire's Baths and Swimming Pool, 1862

Historical information

McGuire's Baths were constructed 'opposite View Point and Royal Hotels' and were open for business from 25th December, 1855. The establishment had a good supply of water and 'after being used once' was 'passed into the Creek (Bendigo Creek)'. (Bendigo Advertiser, 25th December, '1855 'Baths, Baths, Baths' advertising) The water was supplied by the Bendigo Waterworks Company. In September 1862, the swimming baths were enlarged.

Physical description

One page photocopy of 'Bendigo Advertiser' article, 2nd. September, 1862, titled 'McGuire's Baths Enlarged'.

Back to top