Historical information
Tram 13 was built by Meadowbank Manufacturing Company, Sydney in 1915 for Prahran and Malvern Tramways Trust, Tram 68. In 1928 it became Tram 30 of the Geelong Fleet. Transferred to Ballarat in 1938 and numbered 13. When the trams stopped in 1971 it was donated to the Lake Goldsmith Steam Preservation Society. Returned to Ballarat in 1983 and re-entered service in 1988.
The photograph shows the tram turning from Wendouree Parade into Macarthur Street and the section known as View Point in 1971. Tram shelter is on the lake-side opposite Macarthur street.
Physical description
Colour image in cardboard Kodak mount. 35mm slide
Inscriptions & markings
Handwritten notation in ink on mount.
Subjects
References
- "The Golden City and its Tramways: Ballarat's tramway era" by Alan Bradley
- Ballarat Tramway Museum: Fleet and Infrastructure Conservation Policy; Version 3, September 2024
