The Cinema and Theatre Historical Society of Australia was formed in Melbourne, Australia in 1989
The Society’s aims are -
• To foster an interest in the architecture, history and heritage of cinemas and theatres in Australia.
• Record the history of cinemas and theatres in the form of books, magazines and audiovisual materials
• To maintain an archive collection of cinema related documents, photos, etc.
• Provide public access to the collection for the purpose of cinema research and related matters
• Seek to preserve theatre and cinema buildings and artefacts
• Organise events to facilitate inspections for documenting and photographing of cinema venues.
• Conduct regular meetings for members.
CATHS ARCHIVE (1989)
Cinema and theatre memorabilia, books, plans, images, etc.
Themes: Shaping cultural and creative life