The Museum is situated on 6 hectares of Park land allowing for good demonstration of mobile exhibits. There is sufficient area to demonstrate the farming and road making equipment. The collections of stationary engines are housed in large sheds with the steam engines and larger IC exhibits permanently mounted for operational display. A blacksmith's shed includes a steam hammer and associated boiler. An annual rally is held in early March when enthusiasts from around the state bring exhibits to swell the displays. Well groomed grounds with a lake, BBQ and picnic facilities as well as a miniature railway make the museum a good place for a family day out.
The collection comprises around 400 engines and pieces of machinery. In addition to the items owned by the club directly, items owned by various club members are also on display. Most engines are restored to operational order. Areas of strength are mobile steam engines, including a large ploughing engine, traction engines, steam rollers and portable steam engines; a stationary steam engine museum with a very comprehensive range of smaller stationary engines covering many of the historical applications of steam from early marine engines through winches, compressors and generator sets to turbines; a collection of industrial diesel generators; vintage road making equipment and tractors; a blacksmith shop is used to exhibit a Melbourne made steam hammer. The club gives special emphasis to its collection of Australian manufactured engines which range from 1890's steam engines through to tractors and internal combustion engines from the 1950's and 60's.