Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc. Ballarat Central, Victoria

The origins of the Ballarat Old Colonists’ Association can be traced back to 1867 when James Oddie instigated a reunion of early gold miners. The group was known initially as the Golden Point Old Pioneers Association and later simply as the Ballarat Pioneers Association. The miners initially met on an ad hoc basis for social purposes and in 1883 meetings were formalised becoming the formal beginning. The name was changed over and finally to its current ‘The Old Colonists’ Association of Ballarat’.

The home of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat was constructed in 1887-9 on the site of the barracks and stables of the gold escort in Lydiard Street North. The Association represented the early pioneers in the vicinity, who came in search of gold from the 1850s. It was a benevolent body that aimed to specifically assist indigent miners.

The original objectives of the Association were documented in August 1883 as follows:
"To form a band of brotherhood amongst those whose past experience in commercial and mining pursuits so intimately associate them with the early history of the goldfields; men to whose indomitable energy and perseverance Ballarat and other mining centres of the Colony are so largely indebted for their development and commercial property. Some of whose names are also closely identified with the memorable and sanguinary struggle for Freedom and Constitutional Liberty i 1854 (Eureka). To gather within one fold, those who survived stirring times; to meet occasionally in friendly and social intercourse; to relieve our brethren who are overtaken by sickness or affliction; t provide the shelter of a house for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years; to assist the widow and succor the orphan; to materially cheer and support each other in our temporary troubles and vicissitudes, as we journey onward to the grave; and lastly, to render a tribute of respect to the memory of a departed brother, by following his remains to their final resting place."

The Old Colonists’ Association (OCA) know captures the spirit of the original objectives and interprets it to suit contemporary needs. It remains as a philanthropic charitable organisation providing accommodation for elderly people. In the 1920s Charles Anderson Grove was established to provide low cost accommodation to the elderly and currently twenty seven homes are available (constructed in stages between 1923 and 1983) with each Independent Living Unit identified by a name plate referencing the benefactor. Accommodation is offered at significantly below market rates. The Association has been providing low cost accommodation to the elderly since the 1920s. A number of further Independent Living Units to be built at Charles Anderson Grove will be constructed in the near future. The OCA Council oversees the running of this facility on a voluntary basis. The OCA is a Public Benevolent Institution with the Australian Tax Office Deductible Gift Recipient Status.

Links

Contact Information

location
16-14 Lydiard (North) Street Ballarat Central Victoria 3350

Contact

Opening Hours

The Old Colonist's Club is open to members. Visits can be arranged by appointment, or during special openings such as Ballarat Heritage Weekend (May)

Entry Fee

N/A

Location

16-14 Lydiard (North) Street Ballarat Central Victoria

Bernadette 30 April 2019 2:03 PM

I have been referred to you to ask about the availability of accommodation.

Clare Gervasoni 30 April 2019 3:34 PM

Hi Bernadette, There are some requirements for entrance to our retirement village. Please direct your enquiry to the Old Colonists' Association, 20 Lydiard Street South Ballarat, or drop into the Old Colonists' Hall and ask the manager for further details.

Leave a comment

226 items

226 items

Image - John Paul Murray

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Portrait of John Murray

Image - John Robson

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Photographic portrait of John Robson, member of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat.

Historical information

John Robson sailed to Australia on the "Arabian, landing at Port Phillip in 1854.

Image - Andrew Kofaod Michelson

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Photographic portrait of Andrew Michelson, member of the Old Colonists Association of Ballarat.

Image - Alexander Bell

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Portrait of Alexander Bell, member of the Old Colonists Association of Ballarat.

Historical information

Richard Bell was born in Dumfermline, Scotland in 1850, arriving in Victoria with his family as a child. He worked at the grocery store of W.L. Wilson, Skipton Street, Sebastopol for six years before opening his own grocery business on the corner of Drummond and South Streets, Ballarat. The business was successful and he retired 15 years later. He was elected to the Ballarat City Council in 1891, and in 1892 he started an auctioneering and sharebroking business in partnership with Mr Lambert. Organisations such as the Ballarat Woollen Company and the Ballarat Tramway Board benefited from Richard Bell's association with them, and he was the Director of many mining companies. He was a member of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat, the Ballaarat Mechanics' Institute and the Commercial Club. Richard Bell was interest in erecting statues in Sturt Street to the memory of the poets Burns and Moore, and served on the relevant committee to that end. He was a long term truster of the Miners' Association, and took a very active part in the South Street Debating Society. In April 1874 Richard Bell married Jessie Scott, and the couple had two sons and seven daughters.

Image - Maryborough Town Hall and Port Office, c1903

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white imahe of the Maryborough Town Hall and Port Office, with horse drawn vehicles in the foreground.

Image - Maryborough Water Supply, c1903

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white image of the dam at the Maryborough Town Hall awater supply.

Image - W. Cornell

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Image of W. Cornell, member of the Old Colonists' Associtation

Image - The George, Ballarat, c1903

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white image of The George Hotel in Lydiard Street, Ballarat.

Image - R.M. Goodfellows Premises, Ballarat, c1903

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white image of Goodfellow's cordial factory.

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Wilson Homes

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph pf a cream brick building known as the Wilson Homes. They are a part of the Old Colonists' Association, Ballarat Retirement Village.

Historical information

The Wilson homes were completed in 1966. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - John Alexander McKenzie

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Photographic portrait of John Alexander McKenzie, member of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat. He was an enthusiastic sportsman, and was prominent in the Ballarat Imperial Football Club. He was the landlord of the Imperial Hotel.

Image - Thomas Tuke Hollway

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Photographic portrait of Thomas Tuke Hollway, member of the Old Colonists Association of Ballarat. He was also president of the Wendouree Rowing Club.

Image - John E. Cowley

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Image of John Cowley, member of the Old Colonists' Associtation.

Image - Thomas Stoddart

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Image of Thomas Stoddart, member of the Old Colonists' Associtation.

Image - John Paul Murray Sculpture at the Entrance to the Old Colonists' Association Hall, 2018

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Sculptural portrait of John Murray, President of the Old Colonists' Association, Ballarat.

Image - Walter Cornell

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Image of Walter Cornell, member of the Old Colonists' Associattion.

Historical information

Walter Cornell as a Chemist in Ballarat, and a member of the Old Colonists' Association.

Image - John Paul Murray

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Portrait of John Murray, President of the Old Colonists' Association, Ballarat.

Historical information

This portrait was presented by the members on 22 September 1904.

Image - The History of Charles Anderson and Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white photographic portrait of Charles Anderson.

Historical information

Information relating to Charles Anderson and Charles Anderson Grove, Lake Gardens, Ballarat. The Old Colonists' Association Ballarat Inc. is a not for profit charitable organisation providing accommodation for elderly people. It manages a 27 Home retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat. Accommodation is offered at significantly below market rates. It has been providing low cost accommodation to the elderly since the 1920s. The Association Council overseas the running of this facility on a voluntary basis. HISTORY OF THE BALLARAT OLD COLONISTS' ASSOCIATION HOMES AT CHARLES ANDERSON GROVE, LAKE GARDENS One of the original objectives of the Association was “to provide the shelter of a house for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years.” While the first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925 the Association had previously provided relief for needy pioneers from the time it was formed in 1883. Relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas boxes of groceries to deserving pensioners and in some cases payment of burial costs. Records indicate that in September 1922 three of the pensioners being assisted by the Association were accepted as residents in the newly erected Hassell Homes in Gillies Street (now demolished-opposite the High School). The first site for an Asylum for Indigent Members of the Old Colonists' Association was temporarily reserved from sale in October 1891. The site was approximately 28 acres in area in Mt Clear nearly opposite Midvale Shopping Centre in Main Road. The site was heavily timbered and when cleared over 260 tons of wood was sold to the Woah Hawp Gold Mining Company. A set of gates were erected but no homes built, although a plan for this reserve was drawn which showed twenty buildings ranging from one to four unit per building. The reserve was revoked in November 1909. The second site temporarily reserved in November 1909 as an Asylum was in Alfredton and consisted of some 7 acres and was adjacent to land reserved for an Abattoirs for the Ballarat Council. The reserve was revoked in February 1912 as it was deemed more appropriate to be added to the Abattoir site. Council suggested four (4) other sites in exchange for this land and they were inspected by the President, Vice President and Secretary on 22 December 1912. The first site inspected was land on the west side of Creswick Road opposite the brick kilns (now occupied by the showgrounds and oval). The land was described as being good quality, well fenced, no trees, good drainage and ample acreage but some distance from trams. The second site was Perry Park which was described as being good land, well fenced, having frontage to Gillies Street, good drainage and about 26 acres (but subsequently reduced to 10 acres). It was closely planted with Pinus Insignias and Wattle and had easy access from the Botanic Gardens tram. The third site was the North West portion of Victoria Park (corner of Sturt and Gillies Street) and was described as good land, well fenced and drained and well located. The fourth site was the South West corner of Victoria Park and known as Pound Paddock (corner of Winter Street and Gillies Street). It was considered to be low lying and too close to the Abattoir, and was also a considerable distance from trams. While the third site was recommended as the most suitable for the erection of homes it was considered unwise from the point of view as citizens to reduce the acreage of the park and therefore it was recommended that the Perry Park site be asked for as the most acceptable to the Association for the building of homes. The site was eventually temporarily reserved for an Asylum for Indigent Members of the Association in April 1914 with the gates from Mt Clear having been removed to the site a year earlier and eventually erected in 1917 for £12.10.0. In the same year the first 290 pine trees were advertised for removal in July and sold for £16. A sign indicating that the site was reserved for the erection of cottages was erected in September 1917. Stripping of the wattle bark (for tanning) and the cutting of the wood occurred in November 1918 with the land then being leased until it was required for the construction of the first homes in 1924. While the site was the third to be reserved it was the only one which was used for its intended purpose. It was named as Charles Anderson Grove in honour of Charles Anderson who joined the Association in 1918 and was President of the Association from 1942 to 1944. CHARLES HENRY GRATTAN ANDERSON C.H.G. Anderson (Electoral Returning Officer) was elected to membership of the Old Colonists' Association, Ballarat, in October 1918. He was elected to the Association Committee in 1926, and appointed Treasurer of the Association on the resignation of F. Ellis until the end of the financial year in 1933. In 1936 Charles Anderson indicated he would not be available for the President's Chair and that he would retire from the Committee owing to pressure of work. C.H.G. Anderson was welcomed as a new member of the Association in 1938, and served as President of the Old Colonists' Association from 1942-1944. Midway through 1949 Charles Anderson was appointed Members Secretary and Manager of the Ballarat Old Colonists' Club at £5.0.0 per week and 10/- for entertainment, to commence work prior to 01 August 1949. He was to do 30 hours per week and be present on Friday and generally on Saturday nights. In 1957 a minute of sympathy was extended to Club Manager Charles Anderson on the loss of his son. In 1958 a bonus of £20.0.0 was paid to Charles Anderson in recognition of his service in assisting the Secretary/Manager taking over under difficult conditions. In March 1964 the Shire of Ballarat would not permit a private road to be named Anderson Grove as Anderson Street already existed in Ballarat but Charles Anderson Grove was deemed acceptable. A recommendation of the Committee was put to the AGM in 1967 that Charles Anderson be made a Life Member. In 1969 an Association meeting observed a minutes silence in memory of Chas Anderson. Charles Anderson was also a Committee member of Ballarat Mechanics' Institute from February 1940 to February 1970. He was President in 1948.

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Barker Home

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of Barker Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

This home was completed in 1938. It was the gift of Mr and Mrs Barker. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Williams Cottage

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of Williams Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

This home was the first cottage built by the Old Colonists' Association, and was the gift of Mr and Mrs F.J. Williams. It was completed in 1925. From the minute books: "Mr and Mrs F.J. Williams, both natives of Ballarat, offered to build a cottage on the Association's ground at Perry Park [now Charles Anderson Grove] something after a style of the Hassell Homes. That Offer was immediately followed by another from Mr S.W.J. Clark, a member of the Council. Both offers were promptly and gratefully accepted." One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Permewan Cottage, 2016

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of Permewan Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

This cottage was completed in 1956. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Clark Cottage

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of The Old Colonists' Association Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

This home was the second cottage built by the Old Colonists' Association, and was the gift of Sydney W.J. Clark. It was completed in 1925. From the minute books: "Mr and Mrs F.J. Williams, both natives of Ballarat, offered to build a cottage on the Association's ground at PErry Park [now Charles Anderson Grove] something after a style of the Hassell Homes. That Offer was immediately followed by another from Mr S.W.J. Clark, a member of the Council. Both offers were promOne of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Ian Rollo Currie Foundation Homes

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of the Ian Rollo Currie Foundation Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

These homes were built in 1981. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Retirement Village - Joe White Homes

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

The Joe White Cottage in the Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Retirement Village.

Historical information

These homes were built in 1969. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a those for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Crombie Cottage

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of Crombie Cottage at The Old Colonists' Assiation of Ballarat Inc retirement village at Charles Anderson Grove, Ballarat.

Historical information

This cottage was built in 1932. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - Ballarat Old Colonists' Association Residence - Unit 1-6 Ascot Street, Ballarat

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Colour photograph of the former Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc homes in Ascot Street, Ballarat.

Historical information

These units were built in 1991. One of the first objectives of the Association was "to provide the shelter of a hose for those Pioneers of the Goldfields whom the reverses of fortune have deprived of the means of procuring the comforts of life in their declining years." The first home at Charles Anderson Grove was built in 1925. Before that time the Association provided relief for needy pioneers. relief included monthly monetary payments, loads of firewood, medical assistance and distribution of Christmas bosed of groceries to deserving pensioners, and in some cases payment of burial costs. ::a) The dominant purpose of the Association is to give public benevolent relief as a charity, but providing independent living accommodation in our Retirement Village for person in need who are over 65. ::b) To raise funds by membership subscription, commercial and residential rents, donations, gifts and voluntary work, for the purpose of providing direct relief of poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness. ::c) To maintain the important heritage and ongoing viability of the Old Colonists' Association. (Revised Rules of the Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., 2016)

Image - William Irwin

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Photographic portrait of a bearded man, William Irwin. He is wearing a bow tie, and wears the the Old Colonists medallion

Historical information

William Irwin was a member of the Old Colonists' Association.

Image - Black and White - Alfred Lester

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Black and white portrait on a bearded man - Alfred Lester

Miner's License

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central

Miner's Right

Old Colonists' Association of Ballarat Inc., Ballarat Central