Toorak College was first established in 1874 as a boys’ school in the Melbourne suburb of Toorak. In 1897, Toorak College was converted into a girls’ school by its first female Principal, Miss Margaret Tripp. In 1919, Toorak College moved to more spacious buildings and grounds on Glenferrie Road. In September 1928, the first assembly was held at the newly-built school in Mount Eliza.